Gifted & Talented Leaders
Responsibilities of GT Leaders in Schools
CogAT Score Sheet - When scoring the CogAT, this score sheet can help you organize all of the data!
Nomination & Identification Forms
- Nomination Packet- This has all of the necessary nomination forms in one click or you may get individual forms below. Use this to make folders for teachers to use to begin the nomination process.
- Nomination Form (Spanish version)
- Parent Permission to Test - When starting the identification process, get parent permission to administer the CogAT. (Spanish) (Somali) (Nepali) (Arabic)
- Parent Feedback Survey - Collect the parents' thoughts on their child by using the survey. (Spanish) (Somali) (Nepali) (Arabic)
- Traits, Attributes, and Behaviors of Gifted Students - Teacher of nominated student completes this to document evidence of observed behaviors.
- Student Interest Inventory - Older students can offer insight into their own thinking with this inventory. Primary students should be interviewed and have their answer recorded for them. (Spanish)
- CogAT Score Sheet - When scoring the CogAT, this score sheet can help you organize all of the data!
- Identification Committee Summary Sheet - Use this recording page to help summarize the body of evidence collected and the final determination for services.
- GT Identification Form Video (IC How To)- This video will show you where and how to fill out the form when you are conducting an identification meeting
Academic Determination Letters- Here are letters to send home to families to inform them of testing and identification results.
- Gifted identification- English Spanish Nepali
- High potential identification- English Spanish Nepali
- Universal identification- English Spanish Nepali
- CogAT results letter with determination to follow- English Spanish Nepali
- Pathway Two identification- Gifted (Spanish) HP (Spanish) Rapid English Language Acquisition (Spanish)
Talent Determination Letters- These letters notify families of the results of the juried performance assessment and portfolio review.
- Musical Results Letter for Families - Gifted (Spanish) High Potential (Spanish) Universal (Spanish)
- Psychomotor Results Letter for Families - Gifted (Spanish) High Potential (Spanish) Universal (Spanish)
- Visual Arts Results Letter for Families - Gifted (Spanish) High Potential (Spanish) Universal (Spanish)
- Theatre/Performing Arts Results Letter for Families- Gifted High Potential Universal
- Torrance Creativity Results Letter for Families
Advanced Learning Plan Supports
Writing an ALP Help Sheet- Pictures and text will walk you through step-by-step to help you complete an outstanding ALP.
ALP Template for Infinite Campus - This template will help you create the ALP with many programming and social-emotional options to help guide your planning.
ALPs in Infinite Campus Training Videos:
Communication with Teachers and Families
ALP Classroom Teacher Goal Setting - Give this to classroom teachers before the ALP meeting so they can brainstorm goals and come prepared to the meeting.
ALP Cover Letter- Use this letter when sending ALP draft home to parents to help them understand the document.
Student ALP Proposal- This is a form to help students identify their own goals for their ALP by getting support from a teacher contact and parent(s)/guardian(s).
Infinite Campus Supports
How to View an ALP- Want to view the ALP easily? This video is for school staff or GT Leaders for easy access.
Entering CogAT scores- Watch this video to know where and how to enter CogAT scores.
Progress Monitoring- Not sure how to enter updates about a student's ALP goal? This video will make it clear.
GT Initiation Form in IC - This video will show you where and how to fill out the form when you are conducting an identification meeting
Second and Seventh graders in APS are screened for gifted and talented identification with the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) screener online.
- Assessment window is September 30- November 15, 2019
- CogAT Directions for Online Administration- 2nd Grade 7th Grade
- CogAT training slides
- CogAT proctor helpsheet
- APS Department of Assessment & Research - visit this department's page for more specifics and the administration of the assessment for the Universal Screening
- CogAT Screener results letters to be sent home English Spanish
GIFTED AND TALENTED LEADERS IN SCHOOLS:
- All Advanced Learning Plans (ALPs) will now be written in Infinite Campus (IC), not in Enrich. Please review the videos above under "Advanced Learning Plan Supports" to familiarize yourself (or refresh your memory) with this process. ALSO, WHEN CREATING ACADEMIC GOALS, BE SURE AND NOTE THE ACADEMIC STANDARD THAT IS CONNECTED TO THAT GOAL. There isn't a drop-down menu of Standards in IC so you'll need to have grade level Standards handy when writing these goals.
If you prefer to print out a how-to sheet to use while writing ALPs, use the documents below.